← Go back to job listings
San Diego, CA
The Senior Accountant supports the efficient and effective operation of the company’s Accounting department, ensuring that the company’s financial books and records are maintained in a timely and accurate manner. This position is responsible for a variety of general accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable activities for multiple entities within Search Optics’ global organization. This position also participates in financial analysis of operating results to evaluate opportunities for improvement.
Under the direction of Controller, effectively plan, design, develop and implement accounting, reporting and analytical processes that support effective business decision making and minimize risk to the organization.
General Accounting (including AP and AR)
- Reconciles accounts, books journal entries, and maintains a tight month-end close process for multiple entities.
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable for each entity.
- Acts as the fixed asset gatekeeper to review expenses eligible for capitalization and to maintain accurate fixed asset register
- Agrees intercompany balances and transactions on a monthly basis before elimination
- Agrees related party balances on a monthly basis
- Proposes periodic cash vs. noncash settlement for intercompany and related party balances
- Supports in-house tax matters for Canada and out-sourced tax matters in various other countries
- Prepares timely and accurate account reconciliations, identifies issues and resolves such issues
- Identifies cost saving areas and proposes/implements action plans
- Researches new or complex transactions to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Studies, plans and leads initiatives for improvement in general processes and internal controls
- Completes all monthly accounting tasks timely and accurately, in accordance with the month-end closing calendar
- Provides supporting schedules for year-end audited consolidated financial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Participates in various Accounting/Finance projects
- Effectively performs job within the ERP environment
- Continuously improves processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting with intercompany experience a must.
- 1+ years’ experience of NetSuite
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of contacts in varying levels of an organization, with an emphasis is maintaining regular communication while working remotely.
- Indoor, environmentally controlled conditions
- In contact with others (by phone, face to face, or otherwise) including working in teams
- Perform job tasks in slightly close physical proximity to others
- All above conditions are currently altered for COVID 19 precautions and requirements
Job Type: Full-time
We will go over our current COVID 19 safety measures upon interview.
Interested? Apply now.
← Go back to job listings